Terms of Service
Terms of Service
1. ProviderEasyCrowd (Lody Solutions), later as "Provider"
- These Terms of Service (referred to as “Terms”) are applied to the Service provided by EasyCrowd (“Provider”) to its customers (“Customer” or respectively ”Customers”). These Terms shall govern the conditions under which the Customer may use the online platform (“Service”) ordered via a notification to the Provider. The Customer hereby agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of these Terms in order to use the Service.
- “Confidential Information” means any information and material in whatever form disclosed to one Party by the other Party and either marked as confidential or reasonably understood to be confidential.
- ”Customer Data” means information or material transferred by the Customer to Service or information or material otherwise provided or made available to the Provider for Customer’s benefit and for purposes of the Service.
- “Effective Date” is the date when the User registers for the Service and takes it in use.
- “Intellectual Property Right(s)” means any and all patents, utility models, designs, copyright, domain names, trademarks, names and any other intellectual property rights, whether registered or not and applications for any of the aforementioned respectively as well as any trade secrets.
- “User” means a natural person employed by the Customer.
- “User ID” shall mean usernames, passwords or other identification method of the Service.
3. Description of the ServiceThe Provider provides the Customer with the Service which is an online platform providing event registration services and management among other features. The Provider reserves the right to change the details and features of the Service in accordance with section 6 (Changes to the Service).
4. General obligations of the Parties
- The Provider undertakes to perform the tasks for which it is responsible in conformity with the Use of the Service with due care and with the professional skills reasonably expected from an experienced service provider and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with the Service.
- The Customer shall be responsible for all use of the Service by its Users and shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with the Customer’s use of the Service.
- The Customer shall be responsible for ensuring that the Service fulfils the Customer’s intended purpose. The Provider specifically excludes any liabilities and warranty for a particular purpose.
- The Customer shall notify the Provider immediately of any unauthorized use of the Service. For the avoidance of doubt, any illegal activity carried out using the Service will result in immediate revocation and disabling of associated User IDs, without prior notification or warning.
5. Access to Service
- The Provider agrees in exchange of receiving mandatory information provided by the Customer to provide access to the Service on a non-exclusive basis pursuant to these Terms. For the avoidance of doubt, the information is a requirement for the Provider to be able to differentiate the Customer as well as give the Customer the appropriate credentials to use the service.
- The Provider may, at its discretion, change the price of the service. If such a change occurs, the Provider will notify the Customer. If the Customer chooses not to continue the subscription, access to the Service will be denied.
- The Customer shall permit access to the Service only by individuals who fall within the definition of a User.
- The Customer shall not transfer, lease, loan, resell, distribute or otherwise make the Service available in whole or in part in any form whatsoever to any third parties.
- The Customer shall not attempt to gain access to any parts of the Service to which the Customer has not acquired access rights nor will the Customer attempt to modify, copy, decompile, adapt, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the Service or any computer software programs the Service is based upon.
- The Customer shall be liable for and shall ensure that the Users comply with these Terms. Each User ID and password may be used only by a single individual.
6. User IDs
- The individual User shall be responsible for creation and termination of User IDs pursuant to Provider’s instructions.
- The Customer shall be responsible for ensuring that its Users maintain User IDs with care and do not disclose them to third parties. The Customer shall be responsible for the use of the Service while using its User IDs.
- The Customer shall ensure that if any User ID has been revealed to a third party or if the Customer has a reason to suspect misuse of a User ID, the User shall immediately notify the Provider of such infringement after which the Provider will immediately terminate or disable such User ID. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Provider detects such infringement, it has the right to unilaterally terminate or disable such User ID and any related User IDs without any prior notification or warning to the infringer.
- The Customer shall change the User IDs required for the use of the Service upon written request of the Provider if necessary due to data security risk to the Service.
7. Customer SupportThe Provider shall not provide the Customer any technical or use related support, unless otherwise separately agreed.
8. Changes to the Service
- The Provider shall be entitled to make such change to the Service that (i) takes place in the production environment of the Service and does not adversely affect the contents of the Service; (ii) is necessary to prevent or mitigate data security risk to the Service; (iii) or results from law or regulation by competent authorities. If the Provider makes a change to the Service due to reasons specified in this Section 6.1 and such change has an effect on the Service, the Provider shall inform the Customer of the change well in advance or, if this is not reasonably possible, without delay after the Provider has become aware of such matter.
- The Provider shall be entitled to make a change to the Service other than specified above in Section 6.1 after notifying the Customer reasonably in advance. If the contemplated change has an adverse material effect on the contents of the Service, the Provider must inform the Customer about the change in writing at least 60 days before the effective date of the change informing that the Customer shall have the right to terminate the Service by giving 30 days prior notice. The termination notice shall be given in writing no later than 14 days following the effective date of the change.
9. Suspension of Service
- The Provider shall have the right to suspend delivery of the Service for scheduled maintenance breaks as informed to the Customer by the Provider.
- The Provider shall have the right to suspend delivery of the Service due to installation, change or maintenance work of general data network outside Provider’s control or due to severe data security risk to the Service or if required by mandatory law or competent authorities. The Provider shall notify the Customer of the suspension and the duration of the suspension in advance or, if this is not reasonably possible, without delay after the Provider has learned of such matter.
- The Provider shall have the right to prevent Customer’s access to the Service without prior notice, if the Provider reasonably suspects that the Customer burdens or uses the Service in such a manner as to jeopardize the delivery of the Service to other users.
- The Provider shall have the right to prevent Customer’s access to the Service and his data in the case of no payment. The Provider can delete all Customer data upon the end or termination of the subscription.
- Each Party shall keep in confidence all Confidential Information and shall not disclose the Confidential Information to any third party or use the Confidential Information for any purpose other than for the purpose of the Service.
- A receiving Party shall have the right to:(i) copy Confidential Information only to the extent necessary for the purpose of the Service; and (ii) disclose Confidential Information only to those of its employees and sub-contractors fulfilling the obligations of the Service who need to know Confidential Information for the purpose of the Service. Notwithstanding the foregoing the confidentiality obligation shall not be applied to any material or information: (i) which is generally available or otherwise public other than by a breach of the Service on the part of the receiving Party; or (ii) which the Party has received from a third party without any obligation of confidentiality; or (iii) which was in the possession of the receiving Party prior to receipt of the same from the other Party without any obligation of confidentiality related thereto; or (iv) which a Party has developed independently without using material or information received from the other Party; or (v) which a Party shall disclose pursuant to a law, decree, or other order issued by the authorities or judicial order.
- Each Party shall cease using Confidential Information received from the other Party promptly upon termination of the Service or when the Party no longer needs the Confidential Information in question for the purpose of the Service (whichever first) and, unless the Parties separately agree on the destruction of such material, return the material in question and all copies thereof. Each Party shall, however, be entitled to retain copies required by law or regulations.
- The rights and obligations under this Section 10 shall survive the termination or expiration of the Service and shall remain in force for a period of 1 year from the Effective Date, or if the Confidential Information is disclosed after the Effective Date, for a period of 1 years from the date of disclosure.
- Notwithstanding anything in contrary in this Section 10, both Parties have the right to use the other Party as a reference and the Provider has the right to use the Customer Data as stated in Section 16.1.
11. Force Majeure Event
- Force Majeure Event means any failure by a Party to perform its obligations under the Service caused by an impediment beyond its control, which it could not have taken into account at the time of the conclusion of the Service, and the consequences of which could not reasonably have been avoided or overcome by such Party. If not proven otherwise such impediments may include, but are not limited to, acts of government, fires, disturbance of data networks, floods, epidemics, quarantine restrictions, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, riots, acts of terror or specific threats of terrorist activity, transportation or energy. Strike, lock-out, boycott and other industrial action shall constitute a Force Majeure Event also when the Party concerned is the object or a party to such an action.
- Save for the obligation to pay money properly due and owing, neither Party shall be liable for delays and damages caused by a Force Majeure Event.
- A Force Majeure Event suffered by a subcontractor of a Party shall also discharge such a Party from liability if subcontracting from other source cannot be made without unreasonable costs or a significant loss of time.
- A Party shall notify the other Party in writing without delay of a Force Majeure Event. The Party shall correspondingly notify the other Party of the termination of a Force Majeure Event.
12. Intellectual Property Rights
- The Intellectual Property Rights to the Service and any amendments, modifications, new versions thereto shall belong to the Provider. The product names associated with the Service are service marks and trademarks of the Provider or third parties, and no right or license is granted to use them. The Service does not grant the Customer any rights of ownership in or related to the Service or the Intellectual Property Rights owned by the Provider. The Customer acknowledges that, except as specifically provided under the Service, no other right, title, or interest is granted.
- The Intellectual Property Rights and the title to the Customer Data shall belong to the Customer.
- The use of the Service has no effect on the Intellectual Property Rights each Party had prior the Effective Date. The use of the Service shall not give a Party any direct, indirect or implied right or license to use or otherwise exploit Intellectual Property Rights belonging to the other Party.
- The Parties recognize and agree that the Service is made available via data networks and that no copies of software programs or other copyrighted works are delivered to the Customer.
13. Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights
- The Provider ensures that the use of the Service does not infringe copyrights enforceable in Saudi Arabia.
- The liability of the Provider for infringement of Intellectual Property Rights shall be limited to the rules of the region listed in 13.1.
14. FeedbackThe Customer may from time to time provide suggestions, comments, or feedback (“Feedback”) with respect to the Service or Confidential Information provided originally by the Provider. The Customer agrees that all Feedback is voluntary and, even if marked as confidential (unless subject to a separate written agreement), will not create a confidentiality obligation for the Provider. The Provider will be free to use, disclose, reproduce, license or otherwise distribute such Feedback, without obligation or restriction of any kind with relation to a Party’s Intellectual Property Rights or otherwise.
15. Customer Data
- The Customer shall inform the Provider the source of the Customer Data.
- The Provider’s responsibility to retain the Customer Data available for the Customer terminates 5 days from termination or expiration of the Service, after which the Provider shall at its own expense destroy the Customer Data unless the Customer has requested delivery of the Customer Data. However, the Provider shall be entitled to destroy or retain the Customer Data to the extent required by law or regulation by a competent authority.
- The use of the Service shall commence upon the Customer's acceptance of these Terms of the Service and shall continue until either Party terminates the agreement through the admin area of the service.
- If the fulfilment of the Service has been delayed for more than 1 month due to a Force Majeure Event, each Party shall have the right to terminate the Service with immediate effect by notifying the other Party thereof in writing. In such an event neither Party has right to claim damages for such termination.
- Each Party shall have the right to terminate the Service with immediate effect upon written notice to the other Party if (i) the other Party commits a material breach of any of the Terms of the Service and fails to remedy such a breach within 14 days of the other Party’s written notice thereof; (ii) the other Party is insolvent, declared bankrupt, is put into liquidation, sells all of its assets, ends its business or it otherwise ceases with its payments.
17. Limited Warranty
- The Customers’ use of the Service is at Customers’ sole risk. The Provider does not warrant uninterrupted use or operation of the Service or the Customers’ access to any content. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by the Customer from the Service will create any warranty that is not expressly stated in these Terms.
- However, the Provider warrants that it will perform its obligations in a professional manner and the Service shall be performed in accordance with the methods normally applied by a well reputed service provider. The Provider agrees to rectify any fault in the Service with the urgency required by the circumstances.
- No representation or other affirmation of fact, including statements regarding performance of the Service, which is not contained in the Service, will be binding on the Provider.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Provider shall not be held responsible for loss of data in any circumstances, such as one caused by a fault in the online availability or function of the Service.
18. Limitation of Liability
- THE AGGREGATE TOTAL LIABILITY OF THE PROVIDER TOWARDS THE CUSTOMER IN RESPECT OF ANY CAUSE OF ACTION RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF THE SERVICE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE FEE PAID BY THE CUSTOMER UNDER THE SERVICE. CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES TOTALING MORE THAN FEE PAID SHALL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- NEITHER PARTY WILL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RESULTING FROM DELAY OF DELIVERY OR FROM LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, BUSINESS, OR GOODWILL, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON WHATEVER THEORY, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), THE FAILURE OR ASSERTED FAILURE OF A PARTY TO PERFORM ITS OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER, OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE PARTY ALLEGED TO HAVE CAUSED SUCH DAMAGES HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ANY CLAIM FOR DAMAGES HAS TO BE PRESENTED WITHIN 3 MONTHS FROM THE DATE THE CLAIMING PARTY LEARNED OR SHOULD HAVE LEARNED THE CAUSE FOR THE CLAIM.
- The limitations of liability shall not apply to: (i) damages caused by willful misconduct or gross negligence; (ii) breach of confidentiality provisions.
19. AssignmentThe Customer may not assign its User IDs or any rights or obligations under this Agreement to a third party without the prior written consent of the Provider. The Provider may transfer administrative control of the User IDs and related rights and obligations to a third party if the business activities related to such control are transferred. The Customer will be notified in advance of any such transfer.
20. SeverabilityIf a provision or several provisions of these Terms are found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
21. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- The use of the Service shall be exclusively governed by the Saudi law without reference to its choice of law rules.
- The Parties shall try to resolve any dispute, controversy or claim concerning or related to the use of the Service by negotiations. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or the breach, termination, or validity thereof, shall be finally settled by arbitration in accordance with the Rules for Expedited Arbitration of the Saudi Chamber of Commerce. The language of the arbitration shall be Arabic or English.